STATEMENT OF FAITH
I am a Christian first, attempting to follow Christ daily (failing sometimes), grateful always for new mercies. I am not looking for a new title, am happy to be called after the name of Christ. Christ alone is my righteousness, wisdom, sanctification, redemption, all glory goes to Him – 1 Cor 1:30-31. (In non Christian-ease language, it means that all things that are good in me, is solely due to the fact, that Christ took my place, and all of His perfection and goodness is attributed to me because of Him alone). Many people call themselves Christians, yet haven’t really believed the good news, that Christ died and paid the penalty in full for our sin debt (the wages of sin is death). We are freely given eternal life, which means we have it now. No one can snatch us out of His hand (John 10:28-29)
- Do they not blaspheme that NOBLE NAME by which you are called? (James 2:7)
- And the disciples were first called CHRISTIANS in Antioch. (Acts 11:26c)
- Yet if anyone suffers as a CHRISTIAN, let him not be ashamed, but let him glorify God in this matter. I Peter 4:16
Point people to Christ and His Word.
We need to give Biblical admonitions and prayer for those to turn to Him, commend believers and ELDERS to the Word of His grace (Acts 20:32). I wish so many church pastors and teachers would lay off the quoting of men so much and just teach the Word. We are to call evil EVIL… (especially within the professing church), but many do not get, right now, we do not judge the world (1 Cor 5:12-13), however we obey God and speak His Word in love.
About Admin John Innc
About Admin John T.
John is a Bible study teacher in California. He is happily married with four small children.
About Admin Jim F.
Please see Jim at his blog http://standforthefaith.com/
The Just shall live by faith
(THE GOSPEL-LINK ALSO ABOVE) I believe I Cor 15:1-11 (actually 3-4) declares the gospel (only one way to be saved), and what we must believe about the gospel can be found there. We are justified by faith (belief) in this; that Christ died for our sins (we are sinners and need a Savior, He is the ONLY way). That He was buried and rose again, proving He was God and fulfilling Messianic prophecies, proving His Word was true, and that the miracles witnessed of who He was. It shows us that we too will live again and that when we believe on Jesus and what He has done in our place (as the only way to be saved), we have passed from death into life (Jn 5:24).
We must believe on Christ alone for our righteousness, we can add nothing to the equation, and in fact we had better not, or we are still seeking to establish our own instead of relying on His (Rom 10:3-4; 1 Cor 1:30-31).
Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope. Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us. Romans 5:1-5
I stand with preaching Jesus Christ and Him crucified. Believing in the power of the foolish message that it pleased God to save man by, we should be determined to preach the cross not with wisdom of (man’s) words, lest the cross of Christ be made of none effect. (I Cor 1:17-18; I Cor 2:2-5).
Many preachers have forgotten the POWER of this foolish message (or never believed it), and trust in their own words, gimmicks or church-speak. Or worse, they add works to it (stating they are trying to weed out or prevent false conversions). Unfortunately they are subtly corrupting minds from the message (II Cor 11:1-4). They seem to have forgotten we shall not come into condemnation…
SO GO SOW SOME SEED!
Sometimes we are waiting for the perfect timing, but we should trust God’s Word, it will not return void (Is 55:10-11), and get out there and plant or water trusting Him for the increase.
Cast thy bread upon the waters: for thou shalt find it after many days. Give a portion to seven, and also to eight; for thou knowest not what evil shall be upon the earth. If the clouds be full of rain, they empty themselves upon the earth: and if the tree fall toward the south, or toward the north, in the place where the tree falleth, there it shall be. He that observeth the wind shall not sow; and he that regardeth the clouds shall not reap. Ecc 11:1-4
How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things! Rom 10:14-15
Wherefore I take you to record this day, that I am pure from the blood of all men. For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God. Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood. For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock. Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them. Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears. And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified. Acts 20:26-32
I also believe that there are MANY deceivers (as His Word says) and MANY deceived. And that we as the church are much to blame as we have stood by and watched in the name of false ‘unity’ or because we’d rather ‘just pray’ or (as one sadly told me), think you are too spiritually mature to be deceived. Yes pray, and please speak the truth in love, and if you think you’ve arrived maturity-wise, then by all means, warn others, what is the point of being able to discern between good and evil, if you do not do it for the entire body.
As Eve was deceived by the subtilty of the serpent, (2 Cor 11) so can we also be deceived, so we need to be Bereans and constantly be searching the scriptures to see if these things are so (Acts 17:11).
My Testimony is His Testimony
Always ongoing… I love Him because He first loved me, and I have lot’s of sanctification left to be done. I was not an overnight success story (unfortunately in many ways I regret), but on the other hand, my job is to move close to the Lord and His Word, so He can show me more about His will, and who He is. He will instruct me, counsel me, give me wisdom, help me grow in Grace, sanctify and cleanse me, teach me His ways through studying with His approval in mind…
By God’s grace and mercy, I had fallen away from following Christ in any obedience, I had slacked just in living and what I thought was enjoying life. My husband became ill, with a very grave disease. There was seven years of hardship and blessing wrapped up into one, blessing for the extra time given, hardship for the obvious reasons, and blessing for the nearness of the Lord to the brokenhearted.
My husband went to be with the Lord Nov 2, 2009. The Lord has been my Comforter and friend during this whole time.
I have four children still at home, three mastiffs, a schnorkie and a cat. I want to encourage all who read to spend time in His Word daily. I fail in more ways than I care to admit, but I do best when I stay close to Him in His Word. Thankful for my friends who remind me to get ‘feet time’ (Lk. 10:38-42)
His Word washes, cleanses, and sanctifies. We get all we need from reading His Word, studying with His approval, hiding it in our hearts, meditating on it day and night, searching it, etc. And I don’t know about others, but I need His Word because it lights up my path, gives me guidance, help, encouragement, counsel, wisdom, understand and knowledge of the One who suffered and died for me. It’s how He speaks to us. How would any of us feel if we were with someone who wouldn’t let us talk to them for days? Just talk ‘at’ us?
A few of my favorite quotes from His Word:
- For I have satiated the weary soul, and I have replenished every sorrowful soul. (I have lived this verse from the Bible) Jer 31:25
- My soul clings to the dust; Revive me according to Your word. Ps 119:25
- “If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink. He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.” (Word of God) John 7
- Hearken to me, ye that follow after righteousness, ye that seek the LORD: look unto the rock whence ye are hewn…Isaiah 51:1a,b (I think this is where “cut from the same cloth” came from, although we’re cut from the same Rock).
- Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee. (Scripture speaking to Israel) Jer 31:3
- My soul melts from heaviness; Strengthen me according to Your word. Ps 119:28
- Deep calls unto deep at the noise of Your waterfalls; All Your waves and billows have gone over me. The Lord will command His lovingkindness in the daytime, And in the night His song shall be with me— A prayer to the God of my life. Ps 42:7-8
- You number my wanderings; Put my tears into Your bottle; Are they not in Your book? Ps 56:8
- O God, You are my God; I shall seek You earnestly; My soul thirsts for You, my flesh yearns for You, In a dry and weary land where there is no water. O God, You are my God; I shall seek You earnestly; My soul thirsts for You, my flesh yearns for You, In a dry and weary land where there is no water. (Generally prefer KJV but like the NASB in this one.) Ps 63:1,8
- Then the Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. And the Lord was sorry that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart. Gen 6:5-6
- Precept upon precept, line upon line, Here a little, there a little. Is 28 (story of “if” they would have just listened, they could have had the refreshing and the rest, and this is how the Word of the Lord was upon them. Me too, I just said I would hear).
- My intercessor is my friend as my eyes pour out tears to God; on behalf of a man he pleads with God as a man pleads for his friend. (Bible) Job 16
- For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. (Bible) Heb 4:12
- Turn at my rebuke; Surely I will pour out my spirit on you; I will make my words known to you. (Word of the Lord…) Pr 1:23
- But as it is written: “Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, Nor have entered into the heart of man The things which God has prepared for those who love Him. I Cor 2:9
- But those who wait on the Lord Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint. Is 40:31
- Your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, “This is the way, walk in it,” Whenever you turn to the right hand Or whenever you turn to the left. Is 30:21
- Now it came to pass, as they went, that he entered into a certain village: and a certain woman named Martha received him into her house. And she had a sister called Mary, which also sat at Jesus’ feet, and heard his word. But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me. And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things: But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her. Luke 10:38-42
- Nevertheless I am continually with You; You hold me by my right hand. You will guide me with Your counsel, And afterward receive me to glory. Whom have I in heaven but You? And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You. My flesh and my heart fail; But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:23-26
We are the clay, and You our potter;
And all we are the work of Your hand. Is 64:8